Our latest Ghana Birding Tour got underway on Sunday and our local expert guide James Ntakor sent us this update from the rarely visited Cape Three Points Forest Reserve. Excellent Birding so far with this mornings highlights being a Congo Serpent Eagle being mobbed by 2 Piping Hornbills. From here James and his group are on their way to Ankasa Reserve. We look forward to seeing more updates soon.
#ghanabirding #ghanabirdingtours #birdwatchingghana #birdingtoursghana #birdwatchingtoursghana
During these difficult times Ashanti African Tours are not just sitting idle waiting for international tourism to resume. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes when we offer exciting new destinations to our tour portfolio. Its imperative we have local connections to all of the places we visit, training our local guides, drivers and support team in each destination ensuring we offer the same level of service and client experience in all countries we visit. Liberia is one of the key destinations we offer for our birding, butterfly, wildlife, hiking, and cultural tours. I am happy to announce 2 of our senior tour leaders Victor Owusu and Paul Mensah have touched down for 2 months to perfect our itineraries of this stunning destination. During our time in Liberia Paul and Victor will be working with rangers and guides at National Parks and protected areas in how to improve the overall experience for responsible tourists.
Our team are currently in the Nimba Mountains with limited internet connection, watch this space for regular updates to our adventures.
During these difficult times we have not been sitting idle.
Checkout the new Ashanti African Tours website here
New destinations, more tours and additional information on our conservation and community connection projects here in West Africa.
Our team are looking forward to welcoming you to West Africa!
Ashanti African Tours Covid-19 Travel Update
As we emerge from lock down and West Africa starts to reopen our borders for international travel to resume and we begin to move towards operating our holidays once again, we will be adopting a series of important measures to keep our clients and colleagues safe. Your health and safety are our main priority. Our company will be adapting, and reassessing protocols daily based on current government and world health organisation’s advice, guidelines and our industries best practice. As a Destination Management Company registered with the Ghana Tourism Authority, we have outlined additional information for our cherished clients below.
Prior to departure…
Prior to travel, we will let you know of any specific requirements for entry into your destination country. We will also let you know of expected screening requirements at arrival and departure airports, and of any specific health requirements relating to Covid-19.
If you, or someone that you have been in close contact with, is displaying symptoms of Covid-19, you MUST NOT TRAVEL under any circumstances. This applies in the 14 days prior to your scheduled departure.
Please be aware that Travel insurance – Covid-19 cover is now available with some insurers.
Most policies will provide Covid-19 cover for cancellation prior to travel, for curtailment of your trip and medical expenses whilst overseas.
What to expect during air travel
For detailed guidance, please visit your chosen airlines official website for up to date information. Please remember that this way of travel will be new to everyone! If you are unsure about anything or feel uneasy, drop us an email or if already travelling just ask a member of the airport staff. They are there to help.
What to expect during our tours:
• On arrival at the airport when passing through immigration and customs please use the hand sanitizers provide at the arrival halls prior to meeting your guide and driver. Our team will also have sanitized their hands and the vehicle prior to your arrival and meeting you.
• Face coverings/masks currently are always to be worn when out in public places
• We have been working closely with our accommodation providers locally, and you will see many new measures in place as a result, including amended arrival and check-out processes, hand sanitisers located around the hotel, enhanced cleaning measures, and changes to restaurant set ups. Rooms are regularly sanitised, and we are no longer able to offer room sharing with other tour participants, unless you know each other and are travelling together.
• When travelling in any of our vehicles we will reduce the capacity to ensure everyone has a spare seat next to them. If you are on a private tour travelling with family or friends in your (bubble), then this would not be necessary. You will be asked to keep to the same seat during the course of each day and to then rotate the following day. Your dedicated driver will clean the vehicle thoroughly at the end of each day as well as sanitising door handles during the course of the day. Social distancing requirements at the time of travel may mean that you will be required to wear a face covering during travel.
• Whenever our team members are preparing and handling food, utmost care will be taken with regard to hygiene. Meals will be eaten outside wherever possible. If we eat inside, we will ensure that there is sufficient space between place settings.
• Hand sanitiser will be available throughout all of our tours (though please ensure you bring a good supply yourself too), and we will enable regular hand-washing during the course of the day wherever possible.
• We ask you to respect minimum social distancing at all times which is currently 1 meter where possible.
Ashanti African Tours staff will be following Covid-19 guidelines and protocols for their safety, the safety of our participants and the public
As we get used to the new norm, many of the above guidelines may seem daunting but, they will have little to no effect on the enjoyment of your time travelling with us. Most locations we visit are in remote locations and we are sure these guidelines will reduce over time and travellers will make many second nature.
On behalf of the entire Ashanti African Tours Team we look forward to welcoming you back to West Africa soon!
We just love Benin! Join one of our tours to experience the warm, colourful, vibrant culture and wonderful people of this great country.
Visit our website: www.ashantiafricantours.com
Email our office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashanti African Tours are now offering more of West Africa. Join us to explore Ghana, Togo, Benin, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe.