Ashanti African Tours Covid-19 Travel Update
As we emerge from lock down and West Africa starts to reopen our borders for international travel to resume and we begin to move towards operating our holidays once again, we will be adopting a series of important measures to keep our clients and colleagues safe. Your health and safety are our main priority. Our company will be adapting, and reassessing protocols daily based on current government and world health organisation’s advice, guidelines and our industries best practice. As a Destination Management Company registered with the Ghana Tourism Authority, we have outlined additional information for our cherished clients below.
Prior to departure…
Prior to travel, we will let you know of any specific requirements for entry into your destination country. We will also let you know of expected screening requirements at arrival and departure airports, and of any specific health requirements relating to Covid-19.
If you, or someone that you have been in close contact with, is displaying symptoms of Covid-19, you MUST NOT TRAVEL under any circumstances. This applies in the 14 days prior to your scheduled departure.
Please be aware that Travel insurance – Covid-19 cover is now available with some insurers.
Most policies will provide Covid-19 cover for cancellation prior to travel, for curtailment of your trip and medical expenses whilst overseas.
What to expect during air travel
For detailed guidance, please visit your chosen airlines official website for up to date information. Please remember that this way of travel will be new to everyone! If you are unsure about anything or feel uneasy, drop us an email or if already travelling just ask a member of the airport staff. They are there to help.
What to expect during our tours:
• On arrival at the airport when passing through immigration and customs please use the hand sanitizers provide at the arrival halls prior to meeting your guide and driver. Our team will also have sanitized their hands and the vehicle prior to your arrival and meeting you.
• Face coverings/masks currently are always to be worn when out in public places
• We have been working closely with our accommodation providers locally, and you will see many new measures in place as a result, including amended arrival and check-out processes, hand sanitisers located around the hotel, enhanced cleaning measures, and changes to restaurant set ups. Rooms are regularly sanitised, and we are no longer able to offer room sharing with other tour participants, unless you know each other and are travelling together.
• When travelling in any of our vehicles we will reduce the capacity to ensure everyone has a spare seat next to them. If you are on a private tour travelling with family or friends in your (bubble), then this would not be necessary. You will be asked to keep to the same seat during the course of each day and to then rotate the following day. Your dedicated driver will clean the vehicle thoroughly at the end of each day as well as sanitising door handles during the course of the day. Social distancing requirements at the time of travel may mean that you will be required to wear a face covering during travel.
• Whenever our team members are preparing and handling food, utmost care will be taken with regard to hygiene. Meals will be eaten outside wherever possible. If we eat inside, we will ensure that there is sufficient space between place settings.
• Hand sanitiser will be available throughout all of our tours (though please ensure you bring a good supply yourself too), and we will enable regular hand-washing during the course of the day wherever possible.
• We ask you to respect minimum social distancing at all times which is currently 1 meter where possible.
Ashanti African Tours staff will be following Covid-19 guidelines and protocols for their safety, the safety of our participants and the public
As we get used to the new norm, many of the above guidelines may seem daunting but, they will have little to no effect on the enjoyment of your time travelling with us. Most locations we visit are in remote locations and we are sure these guidelines will reduce over time and travellers will make many second nature.
On behalf of the entire Ashanti African Tours Team we look forward to welcoming you back to West Africa soon!